Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own morality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden of end of life choices and ensure your wishes are carried out. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your death. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds may be refunded to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (traditional religious, military, life celebration)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Select your pallbearers, music, or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- It is difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives peace of mind and your end of life wishes made known to your loved ones.
- Pre-planning choices can be changed and are also transferrable.